Tuesday, August 18, 2015

1790s Transitional Stays

transitional_stays1 transitional_stays5 transitional_stays3

I've needed a new set of early Regency stays for a while. I have 1820s or so stays that I love, but my early stays stretched beyond wearability.

I have a detailed post about making these stays here. The short version--they're based on stays in the V&A and use the 1790 Linen Stays pattern from Corset by Jill Salen as a base. They're cotton broadcloth lined with cotton twill.

transitional_stays6 transitional_stays8

These stays are extremely comfortable--even if I did manage to tie the straps at different lengths and the center front bow came untied, and a tab flipped up for these pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your photos. I am working on an early 18th century stay so I'm always curious about others who are making stays. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete