Tuesday, July 12, 2011

18th Century Shopping!

Do you want 18th century clothes, but for whatever reason don't want to make them? My friend, Sarah, who is a very amazing seamstress, just opened an Etsy shop-- The Rampant Lion.

Right now she has shortgowns and a children's gown listed. She also does custom work--just because it's not on Etsy, doesn't mean she doesn't do it.

Just to prove she's awesome, and I'm not just saying that, here are a few pictures of her work:

sarah_bedgown

In working clothes.

Costume College 2010

A step up the social ladder, with me a decade or so later :)

sarah_gala02

And way later, but too awesome a dress not to share--those pleats!

So, if you're in the market for custom historic clothes, be sure to check her out!

1 comment:

  1. I've also seen Sarah's work waitaminute-gotta-run-away-before-she-slaps-me up close, and YES, she really is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete