Monday, April 20, 2015

Game of Thrones Garters--Again!

GoT Garters

In a few short weeks, I'll be going to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire and wearing a new, linen Game of Thrones dress (same pattern as my last dress only more suited to the temperature). Of course, I needed new garters! My dress is a little on the sweet side--peachy pink with green stenciled contrasting panels--so the obvious phrases were Valar Morghulis (all men must die) and the response Valar Dohaeris (all men must serve). I made them the same way as my Not Today garters. My stockings (which don't need garters to stay up, but what's the fun in that?) are the Elizbethan lace from Sock Dreams.

GoT Garters

The garters are made of the same linen as my dress (from Farmhouse Fabrics), bleached to a light pink. They're embroidered with Au Ver au Soie Soie d'Alger, and the ribbons are from Silky Way on eBay.

As a side note, I've been horribly bad about updating lately! I do have several projects that need attention. I hope that this short post gives me a little motivation :)

3 comments:

  1. These garters are genius :D Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I visited your blog and I always love to see what you've been working on. The garters are fabulous! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete